Tuesday, May 26, 2009

You'll never guess which states have most jobless


Unemployment in March was 20 percent higher in so-called "blue states" won by Democratic candidate Barack Obama in last fall's presidential election than in "red states" won by Republican candidate John McCain, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Read more on WND.com.

(cartoons from Patriot Post)

"Ever since last November, many Americans have been ready for free health care, free day care, free college, free mortgages -- and, once you get a taste for that, it's hardly surprising you're not ready for gainful employment." --Mark Steyn

2 comments:

LUCKY said...

Recently I have lost respect for a man I had a great deal for.

This man worked hard has a wonderful wife and son but he lost his job last October. He looked for jobs for a while but his unemployment check was bringing in enough money to pay the bills. I recently talked to him and he explained about how he really didn't care about finding a job because he saw no reason to when he could just sit at home and get paid.

This disgusted me in so many ways. I couldn't belive that he would not want to really find a job. With a wife, baby and house I would think there would be some part of him that would be concerned about what will happen when his unemployment money runs out.

There has been all told since I started working at 16 around four months total of time when I wasn't working or going to school full time and working a part time job.

I hate that some people in America are so lazy. I wonder what happened to that class of people that got us through WWII. I see that kind of internal strength in very few of my contemperories these days.

a red voice said...

Hi Lucky - sorry I have been so slow to blog & respond - busy month.
Thank you for sharing that story. I got my first real taste of what welfare does while I was in college. One of my roommates' sister was on welfare because she was a single mom. She found no need to better herself or look for a way to support her & her child, as she was fine living off "the system". She would go out to eat all the time. While I worked part-time to put myself thru school while eating PBJ sandwiches most of the time. It would make me crazy that my hard earned tax dollars (what little they were back then) were encouraging her to be lazy and not better herself.