Friday, October 31, 2008

What Motivates Pro-Choice Women?


Just because something is legal, doesn't make it morally right. In World War II - in Germany, it was legal to kill a Jew. Just because that was legal - that didn't make it right. We all agree with that now. How could anyone have thought differently? However, I do believe when you make something legal it confuses people and causes them to think it is OK - because it is legal. I believe this is the case with abortion. Women who have had abortions and have regretted it, have stated:
"I just didn't know what I was doing. I wasn't thinking, I wasn't feeling.",
"I wish I had more information about it, the abortionist called it a procedure.",
"If only I had a seen the ultrasound, had seen the baby move, heard the heart beat, or something.",
"If only, someone had told me it was more than a blob of tissues.",
"I had a bad feeling about it, but it was legal and I thought it was the only option and I didn't think much about the reality of what I was doing.",
"I thought abortion was the only way to fix my mistake, I was scared.",
"They promised me an abortion would give me relief, it didn't. My mind, my body, my soul could not find relief."
"I couldn't look into the basin, because I couldn't bear to look there and see the reality of what I had done."
"What have I done?"
"I was filled with shame and regret."
"I was a mother that didn't protect her child like a mother should have protected her child."
(click here and here to see videos)


There is forgiveness, there is healing, but not without much pain.

We need to stop this lie. By making abortion legal, we are confusing many women by saying abortion is OK - it will give you relief, it is a solution - when the reality of it is - It will not.

Our declaration of Independence states: We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men..."
It is clearly stated that the government was instituted among men to secure our God given unalienable right to life.

So why do advocates for abortion fight so hard against protecting these lives? What motivates pro-choice women?

It is their need to rationalize and self-justify their crime against nature, their crime against humanity, their crime against self, their crime against their child, and their crime against God. (click here to see video)



No comments: