Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Infamous Quotes

Governor Blagojevich: "I'm going to keep [Barack Obama's] Senate option for me a real possibility, you know, and therefore I can drive a hard bargain. You hear what I'm saying? And if I don't get what I want and I'm not satisfied with it, then I'll just take the Senate seat myself. ...[The seat] is a f***ing valuable thing -- you just don't give it away for nothing." --in secretly taped phone conversations about filling Obama's Senate seat

Governor Blagojevich: "I should say if anybody wants to tape my conversations, go right ahead, feel free to do it. I appreciate anybody who wants to tape me openly and notoriously, and those who feel like they want to sneakily and wear taping devices, I would remind them that it kind of smells like Nixon and Watergate." - before his arrest

Barack Obama "I had no contact with the governor or his office and so we were not, I was not aware of what was happening." --friend and ally of Gov. Blagojevich

David Axelrod (Obama's advisor): "I know he's talked to the governor and there are a whole range of names many of which have surfaced, and I think he has a fondness for a lot of them." -- on 23 November - now says he was "mistaken" when he said that - deny, deny, deny

Barack Obama: "You know, the days of just pork coming out of Congress as a strategy, those days are over." --announcing his plan for $700 billion in "public works"

Barack Obama: "I believe in common-sense gun safety laws, and I believe in the Second Amendment. Lawful gun owners have nothing to fear. I said that throughout the campaign. I haven't indicated anything different during the transition. I think people can take me at my word." --he still promises to make the so-called "assault weapons" ban permanent (on his site under Crime and Law Enforcement), which would ban most of the guns Americans have been buying since the election.

tip from Patriot Post

No comments: