Zombietime.com has declared Victory of the War in Iraq, since the media will never do this and our current president has not done this yet. Thank you Zombietime for doing what needed to be done.
On this November 22, 2008, join us in observing Victory in Iraq Day.
"Let us honor the sacrifice, dedication and sheer determination of American, coalition and Iraqi troops who have brought freedom to the nation and people of Iraq.
Although our governments have chosen to not name any official day marking the end of this war, we the people have taken it upon ourselves to commemorate November 22, 2008 as the day of victory over the forces of tyranny, oppression and terror in Iraq."
Read the entire post to get:
- evidence that the war is over (for the doubters);
- an historical discussion of previous postwar occupations and guerrilla violence;
- a list of blogs which have already joined the VI Day movement;
- free banners and graphics for you to download and put on your blog, if you so choose;
- an invitation to submit your own "victory graphics" for posting there and
- to join the parade click here: ZombieTime
It is a very informative report. The only news to come out of mainstream media about Iraq are of deaths of soldiers and civilians. Iraq is depicted as a war-torn, terror-filled, hating place thanks to the "evil" Bush administration and the rest of the American Soldiers who are "just air-raiding villages and killing civilians." To quote a leftee commenter ".. this war is not meant to be won. It was meant to drag on forever. Thankfully, McCain (who said we'd stay for another 100 years if necessary) was crushed in the election. Now young Americans like my friend and thousands of innocent Iraqis can stop dying in the name of higher profits for corporations with friendly ties to the Bush administration...." blah blah blah.... Just what the mainstream media wants you to believe.
The truth that the mainstream media doesn't want you to hear is:
* Iraq is regaining peace.
* The terrorists are killed and driven far away from towns and villages.
* The economy and infrastructure is being rebuilt.
* Schools and markets are reopening.
* People are resuming normals lives.
* Children play on the streets.
* The Iraqis love the Marines and hate Al Qaeda, not the other way round.
(info and comic from Burning Hot)
You want proof? Read these blogs of actual journalist who stay/live in Iraq: Michael J. Totten and Michael Yon . They are there full time, unlike other reporters who fly in do a story and fly out the same day. They provide detailed journalism, coverage of real battles, lots of photos, etc. I urge you to find out the truth of what is really happening in Iraq. One of my favorite bloggers, Burning Hot has an excellent post summarizing the victory in Iraq as well.
photos from Zombietime.com